Meat and potatoes just got a side of "hot damn!"
Sometimes it is not about starting from scratch, but rather revisiting past designs and making them better. The New Standard 78" modern sofa is simplicity at its best with a twist. Now new and improved. Wide arms and inviting loose cushions all come together with tuned proportions and show stopping legs.
We didn’t design our first upholstered piece until Blu Dot was seven or eight years old. Designing sofas is different than designing most other things. It can often be less about new ideas and clever solutions and more about making beautiful forms with a welcoming sit – comfortable sculpture. New Standard is definitely that - nicely proportioned with carefully crafted cushions that have surprising comfort. And the sweet little leg on this sofa doesn’t just look cool. It was designed this way because it is always hard to attach a leg cleanly and directly at the outside corner of a sofa, as all the fabric comes together at that point. That’s why New Standard’s legs attach to the frame inboard and appear to “float” at the corners. It’s always a bonus when solving a practical problem leads us to an interesting aesthetic detail.
• Sturdy kiln-dried American hardwood frame, doweled and corner blocked for added strength
• Sinuous steel springs provide durable support beneath cushions
• High resiliency foam cushions with feather down wrap provide a mix of firm support and comfort, and with use will take on a more casual appearance. To promote even wear over time, we recommend fluffing and flipping cushions frequently after use.
• Powder-coated steel legs
• Fifth support leg at center
• Nixon Blue / Sand: 46% Acrylic / 43% Cotton / 11% Polyester
• Sanford Black / Coal: 63% Polyester / 37% Acrylic blend upholstery
• Spitzer Grey: 100% Polyester
• Some assembly required